SCYNEXIS, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCYX) is a publicly traded biotechnology company pioneering innovative medicines to help millions of patients worldwide overcome and prevent difficult-to-treat infections that are becoming increasingly drug-resistant. We are developing our lead asset, ibrexafungerp (formerly known as SCY-078), as a broad-spectrum, systemic antifungal for multiple fungal indications in both the community and hospital settings. The New Drug Application (NDA) for BREXAFEMME® (ibrexafungerp tablets) was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on June 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.brexafemme.com. We are also continuing late-stage clinical development of ibrexafungerp for the prevention of recurrent VVC as well as the treatment of life-threatening invasive fungal infections in hospitalized patients.
Ibrexafungerp, the first representative of a novel class of antifungals, is poised to bring significant innovation to the vaginal yeast infection space. There has been no new oral product for over 25 years and healthcare providers are eager to have an alternative to treat their patients. Our passion for the patient is the core foundation of our company and we use our resourceful mindset to drive our efficiency. The company is building its commercial organization and has initiated activities for the H2:2021 launch of Ibrexafungerp in vaginal yeast infections.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate Director, Revenue Accounting, to be based in our Jersey City, NJ offices 2-3 days a week (flexible schedule for the ideal candidate). We are committed to positively impacting the lives of patients by developing innovative therapies, come join us and make a difference.
We are seeking an experienced candidate for our Associate Director, Revenue Accounting position to manage the Revenue Accounting process, including the partnering with various commercial teams. In addition, this person will lead various system interface activities and reconcile Gross-To-Net transactions. This is a newly created position reporting to the Executive Director, Finance and Corporate Controller and is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a top-tier, rapidly growing, public company.
The successful candidate will be action-oriented with a blend of both technical and operational accounting experience related to revenue recognition and can build strong relationships with and deliver superior service to all key stakeholders.
- Lead and establish revenue recognition policy for the company and be the subject matter expert in revenue-related matters.
- Review revenue contracts and assess the accounting and reporting implications in accordance with ASC 606 and validate pricing set up in the system.
- Draft technical accounting memos related to ASC 606. Assist in the preparation of SEC filings and interface with external auditors and BDO as needed. Ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with applicable guidance and ensure consensus with external auditors.
- Collaborate and support with various business partners, such as Contracting, Trade, Reimbursement, Sales, FP&A teams.
- Manage and reconcile Gross-To-Net (GTN) system setups as well as 3PL system and GTN system interfaces.
- Manage claim processing vendors (chargeback, rebates, copay and others) to ensure accuracy and timeliness of claim data (unit and amount) and payments; supervise the month-end and quarter-end revenue close process activities, including review of journal entries, data interface validation and review of account reconciliations and analyses.
- Lead systems and process improvement processes for revenue accounting & AR processes, including instant data reporting, streamlining and reconciliation processes; Liaise with external auditors during quarterly review and annual audit; ensure SOX compliance of Revenue Cycle; support SEC Disclosure requirements with respect to ASC 606 reporting requirements.
- Handle specific ad-hoc projects as needed.
Requirements and Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree is a plus.
- CPA Preferred.
- 9+ years of prior experience in a public accounting firm and/or public company
- Public Accounting and public company experience strongly desired.
- Extensive experience with ASC 606 revenue recognition in biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems; Great Plains is a
- Proficient in system interfaces and data analysis & reconciliation.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Highly organized and detailed; ability to work within deadlines in a fast-paced growing
For more information about SCYNEXIS, please visit https://www.scynexis.com.
An Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now