SCYNEXIS is pioneering a new class of antifungal compounds to help millions of patients worldwide in need of new options to overcome and prevent difficult-to-treat, drug resistant, and recurrent fungal infections. Our passion for the patient is the core foundation of our company. We use our resourceful mindset and agility to drive efficiency and productivity. We believe that our differences make us stronger and allow us to quickly adjust to obstacles and opportunities.
SCYNEXIS is committed to positively impacting the lives of patients by developing innovative therapeutic options. Our lead candidate Ibrexafungerp (formerly SCY-078) is the first representative of a novel oral and intravenous triterpenoid antifungal agent. Predicted indications include the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) and invasive fungal infections (IFI). The first indication, treatment of VVC, is expected to be approved and within the second half of 2021 followed by an expected approval for IFI.
The Scynexis Medical Science Liaison will be responsible for identifying and fostering purposeful partnerships with key opinion leaders though frequent engagements and education within the areas of VVC and IFI in the Northeast region (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA DE, MD). They will be a proactive contributor, plan, and execute a cross-functional strategy in support of the launch of Ibrexafungerp. The MSL will also engage investigators within their assigned region, that are interested in or currently participating in Scynexis clinical trials in order to enhance enrollment, facilitate milestone achievement, and provide site education.
This field-based position will engage healthcare providers, payors, relevant patient care advocates, and other healthcare decision makers within their region. The Scynexis MSL will facilitate positive patient outcomes, compound access, and interactions aligned with overarching internal objectives. In collaboration with other internal stakeholders, the MSLs are also accountable for contributing to medical strategy and optimizing patient care through effective scientific exchanges with key external experts (KEEs). This position will report to the National MSL Director.
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree required (e.g., MSN, NP, PA, etc.).
- Doctorate-level degree preferred (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Medical Science Liaison (MSL) experience preferred
- Relevant therapeutic and clinical experience in Women’s Health and/or Infectious Diseases preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (virtual and in-person)
- Expertise in developing clinical presentations and medical education materials
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) of technical requirements for registration of pharmaceuticals for human use & proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of Phase IV/post-marketing drug development is preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles
- Understanding of managed care, health economics, healthcare reimbursement, managed care customers and the distribution channels relevant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization
- Familiar with the current legal and regulatory landscape pertinent to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
A Scynexis MSL will be expected to:
- Demonstrate deep scientific expertise about ibrexafungerp and overall therapeutic area(s).
- Foster scientific information exchange of relevant information and insights with thought leaders and decision makers in order to ensure focused and balanced clinical-scientific information that supports the appropriate use of ibrexafungerp. (virtually or in-person)
- Build, cultivate, and leverage relationships with key external scientific and medical customers and organizations in their region(s) to ensure a strong understanding of evolving healthcare trends across the relevant therapeutic area
- Demonstrate proficiency in topics beyond scientific exchange such as value/cost of care discussions, hospitalizations, length of stay, risk of persistence/resistance, drug pricing pressures, reimbursement, and adverse event management
- Engage in continuous, independent learning within relevant therapeutic areas and actively attend and participate in programs related to the disease states and internal strategy
- Respond to on and off-label questions with integrity, compliance, and adherence to legal, regulatory guidelines, policies & procedures
- Build and cultivate important working relationships across field partners to ensure an enterprise approach when working with customers.
- Communicate cross-functionally with internal teams in order to shape and execute local medical strategies within planned timelines
- Align efforts toward a common purpose and ensure maximum impact for patients and providers
- Assist Clinical Development with recruitment strategy and the education of clinical trial sites
- Coordinate with Market Access to provide education and presentations to Managed Care, Pharmacy &Therapeutics Committees, and Formulary Review Boards
- Support the evolution and development of Investigator Initiated Trials and post-marketing studies in coordination with Scynexis internal areas of interest
- Provide feedback and create resources beneficial to internal and external stakeholders, aligned with company strategy and management: new publications, congress data, and educational materials
- Ensure assigned goals and objectives are met and assigned projects are completed on time, with high quality, and within budget
- Attend institutional, regional, national, and international meetings and conferences as required
- Collaborate with internal team members and leadership as needed
- Travel is required for regular internal and external business (minimum of 50% and up to 70%) post-Covid19
- Ability to learn other disease states or product areas as business needs as the product life cycle evolves
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; proven abilities to manage multiple, complex and sometimes competing, objectives, goals and other priorities
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Outstanding business acumen; knowledge of the industry, the small biotech business model and value proposition
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Exhibit professional maturity, confidence, and competence
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proven ability to effectively and quickly achieve results and work in a cross functional environment
- Ability to summarize and communicate complex information and business objectives in a concise and effective manner relevant to important presentations and decisions
- Embrace change, strive for continuous improvement, and exemplify agility in daily activities and interactions
- Experience in forming strong strategic alliances with internal and external stakeholders
- Possess an understanding of the clinical and regulatory requirements in a field-based medical position
- Exhibit effective leadership and interpersonal skills with excellent time management skills and self-motivation
- Ability to work independently as well as within groups in a professional and collaborative manner