SCYNEXIS is pioneering a new class of antifungal medicines to help millions of patients worldwide in need of new options to overcome and prevent difficult-to-treat and drug resistant infections. Ibrexafungerp, the first oral representative of a novel class of antifungal, is positioned to bring significant innovation in the vaginal yeast infection space. There has been no new oral product for over 25 years and HCPs are eager for a novel alterative to treat their patients. The company is rapidly building the commercial organization and pursuing pre-launch activities for the upcoming launch of ibrexafungerp for the treatment Vulvovaginal Candidiasis (VVC) in the second half of this year. In addition, SCYNEXIS has a fully funded launch plan and is putting in place an ecosystem of key sales, marketing, distribution, and patient support partners to ensure an innovative and agile, omnichannel commercial model including telehealth to provide a positive and up to date experience for both patients and HCPs. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Associate Director of Consumer Marketing. We are committed to positively impacting the lives of patients by developing innovative therapies. Come join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director of Consumer Marketing (AD) is responsible for taking ownership over the strategic development and tactical implementation of US strategy for the consumer launch of Ibrexafungerp in VVC. He/she will be a key member of the Marketing Launch Team and help establish and coordinate all the marketing activities to launch a new brand. This job is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating the consumer marketing activities of ibrexafungerp; participates in the review of marketing programs, monitoring performance progress and implementing changes to programs as needed; facilitates the analysis of insights and market research data, and the identification of growth opportunities and business threats; manages relationships with agencies and internal business partners to align communications and strategies across the brand’s target audiences. This role reports to the Executive Director, Marketing and has high visibility to senior leaders.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute consumer strategic plan to establish and maintain market position in competitive market.
- Brand Planning: Play a critical role in shaping consumer brand strategy. Develop and execute consumer strategic plan
- Messaging: Translate deep patient/consumer insights into actionable strategies and messages to activate and convert consumer target.
- Consumer Marketing Expertise: Serve as an internal center of excellence on consumer marketing, and partner extensively with various internal functions to ensure that the consumer remains at the center our efforts
- Media Expertise: bring expertise in digital and social media channels Lead and manage media planning for total patient marketing ecosystem, including non-digital channels.
- Market Research: recommend research methodologies and select research partners to assess consumer-facing content.
- Leading on Innovation: Identify and incorporate innovative strategies, programs and tactics that leverage advancements in technology, media and communications.
- Collaboration on projects that focus on supporting the intersection of HCP and patient.
- Contribute to the development of the annual brand business plan, create programs and tactics to support the strategy and champion that plan through engagement with cross-functional partners
- Collaborates with agency partners in the development of campaign, messaging, promotional tactics and materials
- Collaborates with launch planning cross functional team to ensure brand alignment and manages the promotional approval process of materials
- Manages product budget, recommends adjustments as required throughout the year with Executive Director oversight
- May assist with forecasting, developing and monitoring of sales forecasts and promotional budgets
- Manages implementation of promotional programs. Supports Executive Director in preparation and presentation of materials for sales & marketing management and company’s senior leadership meetings.
- Functions as liaison with market access team and collaborates on specific patient access tactics (i.e. patients assistance programs, co-pay card etc.)
- Monitor products, marketplace, consumer and competitor trends and issues to anticipate/identify threats and opportunities. Make recommendations and develops tactics to respond to threats and opportunities.
- Monitors and reviews pharmaceutical industry information sources for opportunities and business intelligence; remains current with competitive product information; and assures effective communication of information to the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA); MBA preferred
- 8+ years relevant professional experience with 5+ years of pharmaceutical marketing experience.
- Work experience in applicable therapeutic area is preferred (Women’s Health)
- Sales & Marketing trade relationship principles, practices and applications in the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of FDA and other pertinent regulatory compliance regulations and requirements
- Experience working with and directing agencies and strategic vendors
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Proven track record of strong strategic thinking with practical experience of taking the thinking through to implementation. Entrepreneurial thinking and demonstrated evidence of success working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Strong digital and social media experience to help to continue to advance the brand and the organization in the digital space. Expertise in the non-pharma digital/social media landscape a plus.
- Analytical skills including ability to apply understanding of market research processes to develop deep consumer insight
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including public speaking, persuasion and presentation methods and techniques.
- Ability to partner with internal stakeholders including analytics/market research, sales leaders, sales training, managed markets, medical and regulatory
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
An Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now